I have three approaches to well-being, which have all been very beneficial in my life:
At the age of 13 my mom expressed the importance of being kind to my body and taking special care of it.
Growing up we always had a bowl filled with colorful fresh fruit on the kitchen table.
There was always a designated bedtime to make certain my younger sister and I got plenty of rest. Over the years, I have realized the benefits of positive routines and how influential they are to one’s life.
Here are “strength” daily essentials that have been helpful in optimizing my health and wellness:
- Pumping iron can boost your metabolism so you burn more calories throughout the day and build muscle to keep the body looking lean and toned.
- Fueling up wisely will help you get the right balance of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. This will allow you to feel your best, have plenty of energy and help you handle stress better.
- Staying committed will prioritize health and happiness in your life. Embrace the initial effort that will be needed to make the lifestyle changes, and you will reap the benefits of the results!
- Hydrating with H2O keeps your skin looking smooth, healthy and young, it’s also the main conduit for releasing water from the body though perspiration. Water helps your kidneys and liver function at their peak and reduces the amount of fat deposits in the body
- Getting plenty of rest helps you avoid energy slumps during the day and allows the mind to repair itself and develop new connections.
I hope you find my daily essentials helpful and I encourage you to also create some of your own.
Kimberly Whitfield is the owner of Kimberly Inspiring Beauty in Strength, a fitness instructor at Go Workout Fitness Center and Trinity A.M.E. Church; a bodybuilder, and a public speaker. Visit her on the web at kwinspires.com for a list of her classes.